The 2019 National Sexual Health Conference aims to create opportunities to share information, efforts, and best practices around sexual health across the lifespan by bridging the varied disciplines of education, advocacy, and clinical care, among others. Join us as we bring together clinicians, researchers, educators, social workers and healthcare administrators from around the United States.
Sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality. It is not merely the absence of disease, dysfunction or illness — it requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence.
The conference will involve key advocates and leaders across the spectrum of sexual health with topics including:
- Increase knowledge, communication and respectful attitudes regarding sexual health
- Increase use of high quality evidenced-based educational, clinical and other preventive services that improve sexual health
- Increase capacity for reinforcement of healthy, responsible and respectful sexual behaviors and relationships
- Decrease adverse health outcomes including HIV, STIs, viral hepatitis, unintended pregnancies and sexual violence
- Decrease stigma and increase health equity