Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
Division of Senior & Disability Services, 106 Arthur, Suite H, Sikeston
Facilitating sex education effectively requires unique skills to create safe and supportive environments and promote student learning. Teachers and educators often receive limited training in these core skills. Foundations offers a convenient full day training which covers these skills:
- Climate Setting
- Values Exploration
- Managing Self-Disclosure
- Responding to Challenging Questions
The Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership will be offering a limited number of free Foundations Trainings throughout Missouri in the Spring and Summer of 2019.
Due to space and resource limitations, please only register for a session if you are able to attend the full day. If you are unable to attend after registering, please let us know so that we can admit any waitlisted individuals.
All trainings run 9 am – 4 pm and include lunch.
Dates and Locations:
- March 28, 2019 – Kansas City, MO
- March 29, 2019 – Kansas City, MO – Foundations Optional Modules
- April 11, 2019 – St. Louis, MO
- April 26, 2019 – Springfield, MO
- June 28, 2019 – Columbia, MO
- July 18, 2019 – St. Louis, MO
- July 19, 2019 – St. Louis, MO – Foundations Optional Modules
- August 5, 2019 – Sikeston, MO
- August 6, 2019 – Sikeston, MO – Foundations Optional Modules
(To attend an Optional Modules Training, you must have participated in one of the other initial Foundations Trainings. It can be any of them prior Modules Training you plan to attend.)
Additional dates and locations will be added as they are confirmed. There is no cost to register, but participants must cover travel and incidentals.
Questions or concerns? Contact Meg Boyko at email@example.com or (314) 884-8275.