A limited number of scholarships are available to individuals in financial need who come from at least one of the following categories:
- Women, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- People with disabilities
- Low-income individuals/individuals from a disadvantaged background
- Individuals residing or working in rural areas
- Community-based Organization (CBO) staff/community activists
- Graduate students and post-doctoral fellows
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Registration Scholarships cover the cost of registration (includes continental breakfast and lunch each day at the conference venue). Travel, other meals and lodging are not covered by this scholarship.
Lodging Scholarships assist those who live 100 miles or more from Atlanta with lodging costs at the conference venue. [*Lodging scholarships will cover one or more nights and will be announced at time of award.]
Individuals who meet the eligibility criteria outlined above can apply for one or both scholarships.
Applicants are required to complete the application form and submit three (3) additional items:
- Current resume or CV
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor or academic reference
- Response to the following question (250 words or less):
- How will attending this conference impact your future career goals?
February 15, 2019
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD NOTIFICATION
Scholarship Awardees will be notified by February 28, 2019.