At the conclusion of the conference, participants will understand current clinical trends, evidence-based research, and nationally-recognized guidelines in order to provide high-quality family planning and related preventive health care services to diverse individuals in a variety of health care settings in alignment with Title X regulations.
Conference Learning Objectives
- Utilize new knowledge to implement clinical management plans for selected health care needs of family planning clients, including:
- Pregnancy planning and prevention
- Prevention, assessment, and management of sexually transmitted infections
- Preventive health care services, such as cancer screening and immunizations
- Design individual and agency strategies to enhance a coordinated, community-based response to decrease or prevent HIV infection, congenital syphilis, and misuse of opioids and other substances
- Increase skills for enhancing client-centered shared decision-making
Keynote Speaker: Allison Finkenbinder, “Current Trends in Syphilis Infection”
Agenda: Click here
Continuing Medical Education
This Live activity, Virtual National Reproductive Health Conference, with a beginning date of 08/14/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 5.25 Elective credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Nursing and Health Studies is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The Virtual National Reproductive Health Conference offers up to 5.25 contact hours. Contact hours will be prorated according to documented attendance. To receive contact hours, participants must complete and submit the online evaluation/request for credit form.
The Virtual National Reproductive Health Conference offers up to 1.5 Pharmacotherapeutic hours.
NCC Continuing Competency Category Codes
NCC WHNP codes are added to the agenda.
Certified and Master Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES & MCHES )
Sponsored by the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Nursing and Health Studies, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. The 2019 Virtual National Reproductive Health Conference is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 5.0 total Category I continuing education contact hours.