St. Louis PTC – STD Intensive (2 Days Webinar)
The course, an intensive overview of STDs, includes 14 hours of lecture over two days (clinical training will be scheduled on a case by case basis). Topics presented include: gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, trichomoniasis, PID, genital herpes, HPV, Hepatitis B, chancroid, urethritis/cervicitis syndromes, pediculosis/ scabies, HIV/AIDS, partner management, and case studies.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe clinical features of common STDs.
- Demonstrate improved skills in completing STD history and physical exam.
- Integrate HIV risk assessment into patient care.
- Demonstate universal precautions during specimen collection.
- Describe the process of partner notification and contact tracing.
- Discuss recent changes to the CDCs STD Treatment guidelines.
- Identify current point-of-care tests available for STD diagnosis.
- Recognize the sign and symptoms of Primary, latent and late latent syphilis.
- List current vaccines available for STDs.
Shirley Williams 314-747-1522 firstname.lastname@example.org