This 2-hour webinar will review the basic information about hepatitis C that health and human service providers should discuss with program participants who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual (LGB) or Transgender/Non-Binary (TGNB). This webinar will explore the practices that may place LGB and TGNB people at risk for HCV transmission and identify harm reduction strategies to reduce their risk. Screening recommendations and key considerations for HCV care and treatment in LGB and TGNB clients will be addressed.
Objectives: By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Review basic information about HCV prevention, transmission, screening, diagnosis, care and treatment
- Explore HCV risk and identify harm reduction options for LGB and TGNB health
- Discuss the benefits of HCV testing and connection to care.
- Identify HCV prevention messages using Harm Reduction to educate LGB and TGNB clients
- Address common concerns that LGB and TGNB clients may have regarding HCV care and treatment